[ExI] Data Privacy and Security Exhibition in San Francisco

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 15:23:08 UTC 2019

On Thu, 31 Oct 2019 at 12:49, Ben Zaiboc via extropy-chat

> On 30/10/2019 19:40, BillK wrote:
> > Tactical Tech produce the Data Detox Kit which is also free. This is a
> > course of everyday steps you can take to control your digital privacy,
> > security, and wellbeing in ways that feel right to you.
> > <https://datadetoxkit.org/en/home>
>
> Rather ironic that the first thing I see on this site is a message that
> I have to enable scripting in order to use it.

Websites with active webpages to interact with visitors will require
JavaScript enabled. The NoScript extension allows you to use a 'Site
Info' page where you can check the site reputation and run virus scans
before allowing JavaScript. In this case though the site is well known
and trusted by Mozilla, for example.

BillK