[ExI] and women

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 20:35:13 UTC 2019

On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 12:17 PM William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <

Very, very often jokes are about fear.

Fundamentally all jokes may be based on fear, or rather the cancelation of
fear. There is a theory we evolved laughter because we needed a universal
"all clear" signal. A troop of hominids is moving through the African
savanna when one gives a danger signal that he has spotted a movement that
might have been made by a Saber Tooth Tiger, but another troop member has a
better look at it and laughs indicating that it's only a squirrel.

 John K Clark