[ExI] dumb/smart; to spike

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 16:41:31 UTC 2019

I agree that we have been demoted time after time from God's children to
semi-aware apes.  But wait?  Who did that?  We did.  We figured it out.  We
are not special because of a god, but we are special because we can figure
things out without a god.  How is that dumb?

By our own definition of smart, you say.  So, just what is that?  I think
the above shows we are very smart.  We can overcome our ego bias and find
that our egos are not as important as we thought they were.  That's pretty
smart.

Maybe eventually we will figure out that we are not any better than some
advanced AI.  I think that's smart.  Now we can sit back and let AIs run
our lives while we chug beer and spit in the campfire.  We have the perfect
tool.  From stone axe to godlike AI.  Pretty smart.

I think it bothers a lot of people - the Singularity - at the same time it
excites them.  But it is way , way farther off than most think, in my
opinion.

bill w