[ExI] How Corporate Media distorts Hawaiian Protests

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 02:39:29 UTC 2019

On Sat, Aug 31, 2019 at 8:51 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> I struggle to understand how anyone can possibly be in a grumpy mood when
> we are alive and well to witness a black hole devour a neutron star.  To be
> alive and be aware, to be here, now, to be the among the first privileged
> humans in all the generations to see that, a gravitational lensed signal no
> less, oh life is goooood, life is good.

### We humans evolved to be ultra-sensitive to threats coming from opposing
coalitions, even relatively remote or symbolic threats. We treat such
threats differently from purely physical threats, like hurricanes or big
cats. Minor threats coming from a sentient and strategically thinking
opponent are often a way of probing for weakness, and if left unchallenged
often escalate until the gentle genes that fail to trigger strong responses
are eliminated from the gene pool. Which is why we normal people get
seemingly disproportionately angry sometimes.

Rafal