[ExI] What would be on your top 25 list, for the best recent sf/fantasy television?

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 19:38:19 UTC 2019

I think HBO's Westworld is really excellent. AMC's Preacher is the most
blasphemous thing on TV and that's always fun to see. But the Cartoon
Network's Rick and Morty have the best science fiction show on TV right
now, in fact it's the best show on TV period. Rick is an atheistic amoral
alcoholic foul mouthed scientific genius and Morty his naive (at least in
season 1) grandson. One episode had themes similar to the movie "Inception"
but went much deeper, did a better job, and only needed 25 minutes to do
so. Another episode had one of my favorite lines of the series that is, in
the context of the story, equal parts funny sad horrifying and true, Morty
tells his sister:

"Every Morning, I Eat Breakfast 20 Yards Away from My Own Rotting Corpse!"

Season 4 will start in November, I hope it's as good as the previous 3.
Here's a review from the New York Times:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/17/arts/television/rick-and-morty.html

John K Clark