[ExI] Update on the Hawaiian observatory shutdown

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Sep 20 18:01:17 UTC 2019

> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] Update on the Hawaiian observatory shutdown

academic elites are grudgingly recognized.

 spike

I am confused.  Your post seems to suggest that academic achievement is somehow being suppressed.  Explain please.  bill w

Schools get nervous when a small group of students are mastering everything.  It makes them look as though they are giving some kind of royal jelly to these students and not the rest of them.  The public schools are not comfortable with even having academic super-elites.

So now, we convert it to a sport.  We have always had Science Fair (most of the projects are fake) and Spelling Bee (snoooooze…) but now we get Science Olympiad, American Math Competition and Codeo.  Now the super-elites are on the team, so all is well.  Or rather mostly well.