[ExI] emotions

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 20:30:30 UTC 2019

It was shown a while back by neuropsychologists that if the limbic system
is cut off from the frontal cortex the person cannot make decisions, even
simple ones.  They dither and give up.  Case study of brain damage.

An attitude in psych means a leaning. No leaning without emotions. Emotions
are what gives you your like or dislike (or rather it IS your like or
dislike)

David Hume, as you may know, advocated emotions as being of more
importance than reason - way ahead of his time in this and other things.

So I was just wondering:  traditionally (how many of us fit that mold?)
women are seen as more emotional than men and thus less able in reasoning.
Both of those are false, but the culture hasn't caught up yet, I think.

No pure reason.  Emotions rule in the end - or the beginning.  We need to
learn a lot more about emotions and their role in thinking and
decision-making. Are we to consider women now as superior to men because
they use emotions more?  Or at least equal?  (No we are not talking about
higher math here.)

Emotions were never mentioned at the strict Behaviorism grad school I went
to.  (I have wondered about that every since.)

If you have learned about the brain link above, or if you just learned it
here, what do you think of it, if anything?

bill w