[ExI] gifted

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Sep 23 02:44:25 UTC 2019

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Sent: Sunday, September 22, 2019 1:36 PM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Cc: William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com>
Subject: [ExI] gifted

We are all pretty smart here, so I thought I'd drop this link on you since no one is posting much.  I ran across this on Quora and was simply amazed.  I fit nearly every single one of the characteristics, except the high social anxiety (my son got that in spades).  How do you do?

https://the-big-ger-picture.blogspot.com/2019/09/the-psychology-and-biology-of-gifted.html

bill w

BillW,

I hope this is true, for I am INTP and hit every one of these characteristics except looking younger than my age.  I did at one time, but my looks caught up and surpassed my biological age at a dead run.

As for starting sex later than our peers, it would depend on how one defines the term “peers.”  My closest friends back then all got laid for the first time when in our 20s.  I think that was perhaps late by the standards of the 1970s, but we geeks were all like that: women could not risk social suicide by being seen with us.  Even the very few and revered geek girls wouldn’t be seen with us.