[ExI] it's your choice

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 19:35:26 UTC 2020

On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 7:28 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> The 2020 census will have me as multi-racial

Filling out the census for my family, the form has one select one or more
of White and the other standard choices, but fill-in-the-blank subraces.  I
listed "Dutch" for myself.

My half-brother requested that I list Viking as one of his subraces.  Thus,
so far as the Census is concerned, he's Viking (and Norwegian, and a few
other linked-to-current-nation subraces).

His wife is part Alaskan Native.  They identify by corporations.  Thus, she
is listed as Doyon - a corporate identity - for part of her ethnicity.