[ExI] reasonable what ifs

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 17:06:50 UTC 2020

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 12:00 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> *I remember how hard it was to get a job when I grew up in rural Florida.
> Here aaaaanybody who can show up on time can get a minimum wage job and
> work as many hours as they wish.  They can’t fill all the openings.  Jobs
> go undone.  The big need right now is for people who will fill boxes with
> groceries for home delivery.  Can’t get em.*

Hmm... It's almost like people can't afford to work there on minimum wage,
or something. Is housing ridiculously expensive there or something? :-) I
guess if employers can't hire people at minimum wage they could do
something wacky like try offering them more.

-Dave