[ExI] ccp struggles

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 22:07:46 UTC 2020

On Mon, Apr 13, 2020 at 2:55 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> Stathis, without the right to bear arms, the people have no rights at all,
> but rather only a list of grudging permissions which may be taken away at
> the government’s whim.
>

> There are Americans who will argue Americans’ civil rights can be
> rescinded at the government’s whim, but those will all have a common
> characteristic: they have not exercised their right to be armed.

Nice theory, but in practice, the police are so thoroughly armed that when
they perceive a need to break out their most lethal weapons, citizens
bearing arms tend to be among the first to lose their rights permanently.
(Last I checked, the dead have no rights.)