[ExI] next county

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 21:40:21 UTC 2020

On Tue, 4 Aug 2020 at 22:09, spike jones via extropy-chat

> How is UK handling school re-opening?  Do you have something analogous to our state governors there?  Can Scotland and Ireland and Wales make their own calls?
>
> spike

Hi Spike

Chaos is how I would describe the UK situation.
Yes, each country can make their own rules.
These government rules keep changing though. Local councils can also
make rules. Headmasters and teachers also argue about rules.
Some schools will open, some won't. Some parents will refuse to send
their children to school until much later.
The government has spent months trying to terrify the population,
closing businesses and putting people into house arrest and now they
are surprised that people are getting angry.
Anything could happen really as some towns are now going back into lockdown.

BillK