[ExI] ‘The game has changed.’ AI triumphs at solving protein structures

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 20:38:06 UTC 2020

Suppose the increasing ability of AI is like a classic curve:  at first
positively accelerated, then negative, slowing down gradually.  Just where
on the curve is it now?  Sure, it's a wild guess.  If that curve is true,
then we can expect more breakthroughs in the next 20 years than we have had
in the last 20.

The Nobel Prize comes with a nice piece of change.  Just what other cash
incentives do programmers have?  Maybe we need big important prizes to
recognize just how important this work is. There are certainly enough
billionaires around to do that.

I can't say that I really understand the process.  Is it the programmers
who get the credit, or the people who told the programmers what to
program?  Or did the AI partly program itself? Anyone know?

bill w

On Wed, Dec 2, 2020 at 1:29 PM Ben Zaiboc via extropy-chat <