[ExI] the science might be wrong

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 09:13:28 UTC 2020

On Sat, 19 Dec 2020 at 03:13, Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat

> On Fri, Dec 18, 2020 at 4:51 AM BillK via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:
>>
>> <https://www.aier.org/article/the-decimal-point-that-blew-up-the-world/>
>>
>> The Decimal Point that Blew Up the World
>> Jeffrey A. Tucker – December 16, 2020 Reading Time: 11 minutes
>>
>> Quotes:
>> Another statistic that bears repeating, Covid – based on infections vs
>> deaths – has close to a 99.9% survival rate.
>

> If only that were true - unless they mean all Covids.  Covid-19 has, in most places, a 98%-95% survival rate, from what I'm seeing.

The article gives references for any claims made.
COVID mortality rate differs by age group and by country.

Quote:
In the midst of all of this, the CDC itself finally updated its own
estimates of the infection fatality rate of Covid-19. The CDC wisely
took account of the huge demographic stratification of severe
outcomes. There is not one rate that applies to the whole population
or to any particular individual. There are only backward looking
estimates of outcomes. They are all follows:

0.003% for 0-19 years
0.02% for 20-49 years
0.5% for 50-69 years
5.4% for 70+ years

Flipping the data to state it by survival rate by age:

99.997% for 0-19 years
99.98% for 20-49 years
99.5% for 50-69 years
94.6% for 70+ years

John Ioannidis sums up the disparity by age with the following
infection fatality rate for people under the age of 70: 0.05%. This
conclusion has been peer-reviewed and published by the World Health
Organization.