[ExI] reason and intuition

Gordon Swobe gordon.swobe at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 10:34:22 UTC 2020

On Wed, Dec 23, 2020 at 8:42 PM William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <

> Now the conscious ego has to put it all together and come up with
> something. If you can put it all together with words, then we usually call
> it reason. If you often can’t explain your decisions you call it intuition

This reminds me of the philosopher Davd Hume who said reason is a slave to
the passions.

"Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never
pretend to any other office than to serve and obey them."

-Treatise on Human Nature, David Hume

-gts