[ExI] very informative

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Dec 31 01:07:05 UTC 2020

....> On Behalf Of BillK via extropy-chat

Subject: Re: [ExI] very informative

On Wed, 30 Dec 2020 at 23:43, spike jones via extropy-chat
> ... legalizing dope is also perfectly compatible with shelters, food
hoarding, collecting guns and ammo.  I see no logical tension at all there.

> spike

>...That's the difference between USA and Europe.
Europe has preppers (or survivalists) as well, but without the guns and
ammo. Well, except maybe farmer types who might have shotguns for rabbits,
game birds, etc.
>From the viewpoint of Europe, the USA preppers look like the heavily-armed
militia movement people that we have seen on TV, dressed in camo and
struggling with carrying heavy machine guns around. They don't look at all
like liberals to Europeans.

BillK

Ja OK but look at it another way.  The camo and machine guns are pure
Hollywood.  Neither of those are useful, certainly not required.  Most
serious preppers look just like everyone else.  You would have no way of
knowing they have a huge cache of food.

We are starting on the endgame of a pandemic which killed a bunch of people.
Imagine a far worse version of it where instead of the fatality rate being a
coupla percent, the survival rate was a coupla percent, and it was far more
contagious.  No national borders can stop it.  In that situation, the
unarmed would continue to devour each other down to the last man.  But the
well-armed prepper can defend her food cache, survive to eventually
repopulate the planet with those who understand the value of the right to
bear arms and the wisdom to be prepared for catastrophe.

We used to think in terms of nuclear war, but now plenty of us recognize a
really bad pandemic is as big or even bigger risk.