[ExI] Four pieces of evidence from before the Big Bang

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 22:13:32 UTC 2020

These 4 Pieces Of Evidence Have Already Taken Us Beyond The Big Bang
Ethan Siegel    Feb 28 2020

<https://medium.com/starts-with-a-bang/these-4-pieces-of-evidence-have-already-taken-us-beyond-the-big-bang-5d0005bad7ed>

Quote:
Perhaps the most compelling part of any remarkable story is its
origin: how it all began. We can take that question back as far as we
want, asking what came before and gave rise to whatever we were asking
about previously, until we find ourselves pondering the origin of the
Universe itself. This is perhaps the greatest origin story of all,
which occupied the minds of poets, philosophers, theologians and
scientists for countless millennia.

It was only in the 20th century that science began to make progress on
that question, however, eventually resulting in the scientific theory
of the Big Bang. Early on, the Universe was extremely hot and dense,
and has expanded, cooled, and gravitated to become what it is today.
But the Big Bang itself wasn’t the beginning, after all, and we have
four independent pieces of scientific evidence that show us what came
before it and set it up.