[ExI] Which direction does the arrow of time point in Conway's Game of Life?

Giulio Prisco giulio at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 15:25:13 UTC 2020

Interesting thoughts.

One thing: That Conway's Life is deterministic does NOT mean that the
future holds no mystery, because Life is computationally irreducible. There
are no shortcuts that permit prediction the future without doing the
computations, or in other words, there's no way to predict what will happen
tomorrow in less than one day. In Life, the fastest way to predict the
future is waiting for the future to happen.

On Sat, Jan 4, 2020 at 4:17 PM John Clark via extropy-chat <