[ExI] ring of truth

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Jun 1 15:55:46 UTC 2020

From: spike at rainier66.com <spike at rainier66.com>
Sent: Monday, June 1, 2020 6:18 AM
To: 'ExI chat list' <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Cc: spike at rainier66.com
Subject: RE: [ExI] ring of truth

Sent: Monday, June 1, 2020 3:52 AM

>>… the current riots … could be virus super spreader events… John K Clark

>… disinfectant teargas!

…

Imagine using an aqueous ammonium hydroxide solution instead of teargas at the riots.  It isn’t specifically toxic in the doses one might get in a crowd dispersal event, but makes a great surfactant and disinfectant, which is why it is used in Windex.  We all know what happens when we get a good whiff of that stuff: owwwww, damn.  Heh.  That’ll disperse a furious crowd grabbing up the Nikes.  It will not leave a trace of residue, it will have few if any long-term health impact in those concentrations, it is cheap and will even kill bugs.  Hurt like hell, but less than rubber bullets.

What if… there is a big Antifa riot where the constables used ammonium hydroxide, then we discover that the people who were gassed do not catch Covid but those at the same riot who did not get a whiff of the stuff catch it?

That would be a kick in the ass.  If it turns out that way, just remember you saw it here first.  {8^D