[ExI] ring of truth

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 05:38:07 UTC 2020

On Tue, 2 Jun 2020 at 14:36, spike jones via extropy-chat <

> *From:* extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> *On Behalf
> Of *Stathis Papaioannou via extropy-chat
>

> A well-regulated militia is necessary to the security of a free state.  We
> want a secure free state.  That’s why we have a well-regulated militia and
> a well-armed citizenry.
>
> >…The well-armed citizenry might decide that the police chief, governor
> and president all need to go. The police chief, governor and president
> might disagree, and call the well-armed citizenry terrorists and thugs (and
> even, using the term incorrectly, anarchists). What happens then?
>
> --
>
> Stathis Papaioannou
>

> The police chief is removed by putting political pressure on the mayor.
> The governor and the president have an election every four years and are
> term limited.  They are removed by donating to their competitor.  The
> holders of these offices are free to call the American people names if they
> wish (a recent unsuccessful POTUS candidate called Americans deplorables
> (this ended her political career)) but it would likely lead to their
> failure to win their next term.

This is the way things are normally done, but the arms the citizens have
are not needed if everything works as it’s meant to, only if they believe
that the normal processes are unfair or corrupted. That is what the
protestors seem to think at the moment. They haven’t gone as far as
attempting an overthrow, but they might. In that case, there would be an
armed clash between the government forces and the citizens’ militia, each
claiming to be the true patriots.
--
Stathis Papaioannou