[ExI] Does anybody still think a US dictatorship is impossible?

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 08:39:12 UTC 2020

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 5:18 PM John Clark via extropy-chat <

> Freedom of the press was nice while it lasted.
>
> Trump's executive order target's social media companies
> <https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/28/politics/trump-twitter-social-media-executive-order/index.html>

### Seen from outside of the bubble you live in, the real story is the
180-degree opposite  -  our freedom of speech is increasingly eliminated by
oligarchic and monopolistic owners of internet platforms and Trump is here
to feebly protest this enemy takeover.

The problem with networks is that their value is created by their ubiquity
and in network-dependent industries meaningful competition is eliminated if
the network is large enough and controlled by a single entity. Youtube,
Google, Twitter, Amazon are all network companies, they are all controlled
by a very small group of decision-makers, and they have an enormous ability
to control information, the lifeblood of our society, for their own goals
and often against our, normal citizens', interests.

Rafal