[ExI] e: Acceleration of the wealth gap

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Jun 10 00:03:59 UTC 2020

...> On Behalf Of Keith Henson via extropy-chat
Subject: [ExI] e: Acceleration of the wealth gap

<spike at rainier66.com> wrote:

...>> OK Darin, I will certainly admit I don?t understand how to model the
behavior of driving a $300k Rolls to loot a department store.  Can you make
sense of that?

>...My guess would be the Rolls was stolen.

>>... Looters may imagine they are stealing from the rich, but in fact they
are stealing from the poor.

>...Spike, if you captured a 1000 looters, and quizzed them, how many of
them would understand this relatively simple analysis?

Keith

PS

I find Spike's long lines and too much white space to be hard to read.
Is is just me?

Hi Keith, I don't know why it looks different on your end with the lines and
white space.

kilolooter: I can imagine most of them go somewhere else to do their
looting.  Their big problem is that somewhere else comes to their
neighborhood and burns their neighborhood stores.

So many of these businesses got such a huge one-two punch with the virus,
then the looters, it is easy to imagine few of them ever return to business.
If that happens, some of the most tightly-packed cities will start to
deflate.