[ExI] A breakthrough in COVID-19?

Dylan Distasio interzone at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 20:02:27 UTC 2020

Those aren't the steroids you're looking for! :-).  These are
anti-inflammatories.   They're actually standard of care for any severe
upper respiratory infection like the one I had in January that I thought
had to be CV-19 (I was negative on serological test, so I was wrong
there).  I received the same class of steroids both IV and a week of oral
and my condition quickly improved.

I'm not sure why the incompetent WHO contradicated them in the standard of
care for CV-19 over concerns that immune depression as a side effect would
make CV-19 more fatal.  They're to blame yet again.  Suddenly it's a
revelation that steroids work to reduce the inflammatory damage caused by a
cytokine storm after months of unnecessary deaths.

This is not a surprising outcome in the study, but I'm pleased to see
someone has finally woken up to the obvious and it has been published in
Nature.

On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 3:45 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <