[ExI] (no subject)

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Jun 17 04:43:19 UTC 2020

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of
Keith Henson via extropy-chat

>...Ah, come on Spike.  Back in the 70s, I was through O'Hare airport 17
times in the first 1/4 of one of those years.  The couple of times I got
lost in black areas, the natives were helpful in giving directions.

 >...Of course, when you consider some of the other things I have done (like
duking it out with the clam cult), driving around in Oakland or Chicago
hardly rates.

Keith

Hi Keith, I am not going to compete with you in the intestinal fortitude
arena.  I will just hand you the trophy in that, nolo contendere.

Good chance it just depends on where you are in Chicago.  Some of it is
safe, I can see from the map.  Your statistics compare all of Chicago to all
of Oakland.  The crime is concentrated down in the south side of Chicago,
the baddest part of town.

I don't get the whole big city thing.  I don't understand why people choose
it.  Looks to me like you take enormous risk of failure of the intricate
mechanisms of life support.  The supply chain can get broken at any one of a
number of points, and the whole system can collapse.

Well, there is no need to speculate: we see it.  Riots, grocery stores
looted and destroyed.  Now what?