[ExI] Freeman Dyson is dead

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Mar 5 16:30:13 UTC 2020

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of
Keith Henson via extropy-chat
Sent: Thursday, March 5, 2020 8:16 AM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Cc: Keith Henson <hkeithhenson at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [ExI] Freeman Dyson is dead

JADE AND EUNICE CHANNEL <possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I wish he had been signed up for cryonics. Oh, well...

I tried, had the support of his daughter.  He was just not interested.

Eric Drexler and I both failed to get Robert Heinlein signed up (his wife
was bitterly opposed).  Timothy Leary was signed up but was not suspended.
I can think of only one "luminary" suspended in recent years.

Keith

WOWsers!  I am only two degrees removed from Heinlein, Leary and Dyson, just
from being friends with you, Keith!

Ja, too bad more of these guys don't go in for cryonics.

Keith I will always have fond memories of those parties you used to host at
your house with all those big-timer SciFi writers, woooohooo.

This is cool, I am so in awe of myself.