[ExI] Telework is taking off, hopefully for good

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Mar 23 17:59:56 UTC 2020

> On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat

Subject: Re: [ExI] Telework is taking off, hopefully for good

On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 7:19 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

The biggest difference between the plan and the reality is that there are no
controlled tests or quizzes, so as far as I can tell, no practical way to
control cheating…

>…There are ways to do remote tests & quizzes where cheating is not a practical option.  Maybe not as wide a range as in-person testing, but they exist…

Ja by all means.  There is a company nearby which does SAT, GRE, various professional testing and so forth.  But our local public school is not currently read to do in-home zero-cost testing, which are two of the requirements.

When we were talking about remote learning, the plan was to have the students study from home but do on-site in-person testing.  So that part of the plan was not pre-adapted to a quarantine.