[ExI] Atheism again

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Fri May 1 15:02:56 UTC 2020

### I used this term in a clumsy way, more or less trying to say that a
Bayesian mind ascribes P values from the interval between 0 and 1 to all
beliefs, a completely non-Bayesian mind uses 1 or 0 for all beliefs, and
then there are all those minds in between. That was an imprecise expression
but I hope it gets the meaning across.

Rafal

*OK, I get that.  But I cannot conceive of a mind that would either be
completely certain about the existence of something or completely certain
about the nonexistence of something. For one thing, fine but for
everything? The Kruger Dunning effect insures that there will be people
whose estimates of probability will be way off about their ability or
knowledge, or perhaps just a tad off, like most people.  The latter, I
think, would be very common.*

*bill w*

On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 12:05 AM Rafal Smigrodzki via extropy-chat <