[ExI] Essential Upload Data

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Thu May 21 15:22:00 UTC 2020

On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 10:41 AM Re Rose via extropy-chat <

*> I'm persistantly me, even though some of me was in that scone I ate with
> John (lol).*

When discussing this topic personal pronouns need to be handled as
carefully as if they were made of  nitroglycerin. Ms.You is persistently Regina
because Ms.You remembers being Regina yesterday, and exactly precisely the
same thing could be said about Ms.You's copy.

> *The information and circumstance that makes you be you is not found in
> the replacement of the atoms in your body. These are placed each instance
> in time conditioned by the existing boundary conditions of your existing,
> active functional biological systems*

And all biological systems, active or not, are made of atoms, and the
position and momentum of those atoms are the initial conditions.

John K Clark