[ExI] Is a copy of you really you?

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Fri May 29 14:40:18 UTC 2020

Giulio Prisco <giulio at gmail.com> wrote:

> "They would be two versions of the same person each with equal claim
to being the original.... This is the conclusion reached in the early
90s on this list.... This subject was beaten to death long ago."

> This is still my conclusion, and yes this thing was beaten to death
long ago. Not solved -

It was understood, not solved because there was nothing to solve.

It was also understood that except for corner cases, like crews for
starships, that making copies of people was a bad idea.

Keith