[ExI] what did we learn?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Nov 3 18:14:24 UTC 2020

Subject: Re: [ExI] what did we learn?

>>…"Hi BillW, filter your sources more carefully…Do you wish to feed your mind on drivel generated by those who majored in… journalism?  Neither do I."

>..Dang! And here I thought people only picked on English majors! Lol

Picked on?  I have no heartburn with English majors.  Many of them go into teaching, which is a most admirable aim in life.  I like English majors.  They cause no harm that I can see.  Journalism majors on the other hand, have a scandalously disproportionate influence on society and in my opinion generally a corrosive one.

Any picking on that I do does not apply to English majors, but is sincere ridicule and scorn, specifically aimed at journalism majors.  That’s not a legitimate field of study in my opinion.  News should be written by scientists, technologists and engineers.  There is sufficient talent there, and far greater insights.

>https://www.prairiehome.org/story/1997/06/14/the-lives-of-english-majors.html

There ya go, Garrison Keillor was an English major.  He has given us so much.  There’s a life well lived.  He goes on about Dave Barry, the writer who influenced my style considerably, also an English major.