[ExI] early indications of an unfriendly ai

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 18:10:26 UTC 2020

On Thu, Oct 1, 2020 at 5:48 PM BillK via extropy-chat
> Why pick on  Tesla?   Your smartphone knows everywhere you go,
> everyone you talk to, every web site you look at,...........  No need
> for massive computer resources like the three letter agencies have.
> The rogue AI just has to read your phone records.

Yeah, I would think that would give far more data and far more
accurate data. I know people who've never been a few meters away from
their smartphone in years. Not to mention the phone can also do much
more than merely tell your location and what sites you visit. It can
collect video and audio itself and even do some temperature and
motion-sensing, no? If it's synched with other devices, it can tell
even more. And very few people own Teslas, while there are literally
billions of smartphone users right now. Heck, I've seen homeless
people with smartphones.

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via: