[ExI] puzzling

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 19:36:55 UTC 2020

On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 2:25 AM spike jones via extropy-chat

The problem here is, in the midst of the crisis, figuring out if
overcounting is biased in one direction. I get the scenario you're
pointing to, but aside from speculation do you have any evidence to
back it up?

And by calling it speculation, I don't mean to imply it's
unreasonable, but I do mean to imply I would overplay that particular
scenario. This is why I went back to the June news report about
overcounting negative results. Or, to put it in your terms, fishing
for a positive result.

And if you're looking for a motivation for overcounting negative
results, I can speculate on two. One, people might take multiple tests
just to be safe. Two, authorities in a given area might want to make
it seem like whatever they're doing (or not doing) is effective.
That's more sinister, but I wouldn't rule it out tout court.

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via:
http://author.to/DanUst