[ExI] humility

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 17:00:22 UTC 2020

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 8:08 AM Ben Zaiboc via extropy-chat
> On 18/10/2020 22:24, Dan TheBookMan wrote:
>> I would distinguish between arrogance and pride, though the two are
>> often confused. Any form of pride tends to be seen as arrogance by
>> many, no?
>
> I should hope everyone would distinguish between arrogance and pride!
> They are totally different things. I'm not quite sure how they can be confused
> with each other.

You don't think people ever confuse the two? I believe they do, but
that's my perception. I also think people confuse other things with
arrogance, though maybe that's just me too. I recall a guy in high
school telling me a girl was arrogant because she wouldn't respond to
his passes. I told him maybe she's not interested in him, but he
insisted she was arrogant and stuck up. (He wasn't exactly a friend
and my comments back to him certainly weren't going to make him one.:)

> I can't see anyone mistaking Microsoft's attitude to their customers as pride, for instance.

I would only know that secondhand, but I'll take your word for it.

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via:
http://author.to/DanUst