[ExI] Is the ExI email list slowly dying out? And if so, what can be done to reverse such an outcome?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Oct 20 17:53:25 UTC 2020

...> On Behalf Of Dan TheBookMan via extropy-chat

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 5:13 PM spike jones via extropy-chat
>>... Hi Dan, what happens to rap and hip hop? ...

>... Someone riding around with Flowmaster and cranking out beats is kind of
not the standard of social appropriateness in today's society. Don't you
agree?  Regards,  Dan

OK sure, I agree.  Fortunately the internet never forgets.  So we get to
cancel any artist retroactively if that artist uttered anything racist or
homophobic or adolescent or anything we now consider socially inappropriate.
That means we can cancel most rap and hip hop for being racist, sexist and
generally impolite, cool, it's a deal.

Aside: if you hear elevator music, much of it is Beatles tunes without the
words.  The Beatles really wrote some good music.  So, perhaps we can
elevator-ize rap by removing the vocals, ja?  I would be OK with that.