[ExI] Katee Sackhoff tours Alcor

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Oct 21 14:05:19 UTC 2020

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of John Clark via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] Katee Sackhoff tours Alcor

I think you gave the wrong URL, try:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc6ffxAiZ28 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc6ffxAiZ28&t=281s> &t=281s

John K Clark

OK this young lady is definitely dreamworthy.

Putting that aside however… she mentions something I have long wondered about, somewhere around the 7 and a half minute mark, talking about envisioning herself at age 95, signed up for cryonics, doing everything wrong, taking up smoking again, drinking, eating rails (? eh? what is that?)) and so forth, under the theory that it just doesn’t matter anymore, like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day when he realized he couldn’t die.

What if… one goes one’s entire life never drinking.  Then at about 90 or so, lotta pain, kinda creaky, doesn’t drive, all major decisions in life are fading in the mirror.  OK then.  We know if one abuses alcohol one’s entire life, it wrecks the liver.  But what if one takes it up at 90?  Then even if it does wreck the liver, well, that is a disease which gives one enough time to get on down to Alcor and say adios amigo to your proles and so forth.

Anyone here know what happens if one takes up alcohol abuse at age 90?