[ExI] ligo again: was: RE: puzzling

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 05:22:38 UTC 2020

On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 3:06 AM Stuart LaForge via extropy-chat
> Perhaps dark matter is composed of both WIMPs and MACHOs. LIGO is
> showing black holes are far more common than we thought and they could
> comprise a good fraction of the total mass of our local bubble
> universe. It seems to me that the arms of spiral galaxies rotate at
> the same rate as the central disk because they are shepherded by
> LIGO-detectable massed black holes, like Saturn's rings are shepherded
> by moons.

Is that last point something you've expanded on anywhere? It sounds
like it would make an interesting model (or set of models) that could
lead to testable predictions -- in particular where to look (evidence
of) for shepherd black holes. And not just using LIGO.

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via:
http://author.to/DanUst