[ExI] New nuclear rocket engine design

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 18:37:54 UTC 2020

On Sun, Oct 25, 2020 at 4:50 PM Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat
> On Sun, Oct 25, 2020 at 3:43 AM BillK via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:
>> There appears to be increasing interest in nuclear thermal propulsion rockets!
>
> Now if only we could get high thrust-to-weight (at least 10) closed cycle (as in
> "no nuclear exhaust") engines, that would be suitable for in-atmosphere/Earth
> -to-orbit use.  One step at a time, though...

Yes, one step at a time. At least, the ISS might be used as a 'dry
dock' to build nuclear propulsion rockets on orbit for interplanetary
missions. In that way, maybe the ISS wouldn't have been an almost
complete waste of effort.

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via: