[ExI] Fan of Sci-Fi? Psychologists Have You in Their Sights

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 18:30:23 UTC 2020

James Joyce's novels are literary jokes.  English teachers keep teaching
courses on them and looking for some meaning amid the simple or complex
plots and characters.

They will never find any (that they don't create).    If Joyce is anywhere
he is laughing his ass off, thumbing his nose at people who think they know
what he is up to.  He was up to fooling them and he succeeded.

Ditto premodern, modern, post-modern (who can keep up?) poetry - so obscure
that no one can find any meaning or sense in it.  Ergo, it must be really
important and profound.

Classical music kept up too.  I won't name names out of a fear of skewering
your favorites, but the more abstract and random they could make it, they
did.  And acted like snobs when we didn't like or said we didn't understand
it.  Again, laughing behind their scores

Truly accurate last words that should have been said by all of the above:
"I did it.  I got away with it!  I am famous and they don't know why!"

So if you think you understand any of the above, the joke's on you.

bill w

On Mon, Oct 26, 2020 at 1:11 PM Dan TheBookMan via extropy-chat <