[ExI] New AI based writing aid

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 15:47:38 UTC 2020

An Israeli company called AI21 Labs has launched a new smart writing
tool that can take your first attempt at communicating an idea and
give you a bunch of alternatives. The tool, which comes in the form of
a Chrome extension called Wordtune, can make suggestions on how to
tweak your sentence while keeping its meaning the same, how to
condense a sentence down to its most essential parts, and even how to
change the tone from casual to formal.

<https://www.fastcompany.com/90568455/writing-suggestions-ai21-wordtune-grammarly-alternative>

This extension should work with all Chromium based browsers.
(Not Firefox, at present).

There are many spellcheck and grammar checking extensions around, but
Wordtune seems to have a bit more intelligence tagged on. I found it quite
interesting on rewriting convoluted sentences.
I wonder how it would tackle Spike's multiple ((((()))))) sentences?  :)

BillK