[ExI] for classical music lovers only

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 23:35:41 UTC 2020

On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 3:36 PM William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
> I am at the point where I think I know just about every piece up until
> about 1900 or maybe 1930 that I like.  So after that I am looking for
> new music to buy.  I get the American Record Guide and buy CDs
> based on reviews and have a success rate of maybe 10%.  The
> others I give away.
>
> So, I am interested in finding out from other classical music lovers
> who, since 1900, has become a favorite whose music I might like.  If
> a composer is famous I very likely know all I need to know about
> him or her.
>
> Of course I am willing to share the offbeat composers I have found,
> such as Baczynsky, whose piano music is exceptional.  bill w

Did you mean Basinski? If not, haven't heard of the other guy.

Have you heard any of Páll Ísólfsson's works? He's an Icelandic
composer whose solo piano music I really like.

I also like Galina Ustvolskaya, but some people find her music harsh.

Then there's Erich Zeisl. I love his Second String Quartet.

There are many others I could mention, but I have to dig further into
my archives.

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via: