[ExI] AI Can Diagnose COVID-19 Through Cellphone-Recorded Coughs – Even if You Don’t Have Symptoms!

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Oct 30 12:37:20 UTC 2020

Subject: [ExI] AI Can Diagnose COVID-19 Through Cellphone-Recorded Coughs – Even if You Don’t Have Symptoms!..

>… may differ from healthy individuals in the way that they cough. These differences are not decipherable to the human ear. But it turns out that they can be picked up by artificial intelligence.
https://scitechdaily.com/ai-can-diagnose-covid-19-through-cellphone-recorded-coughs-even-if-you-dont-have-symptoms/

Cool!

One thing that gives me caution on this story:  a trained ear can detect things that even good Fourier transform software can miss.  I hope it is true, and if so, I predict that some humans can figure out how to do it too.