[ExI] quote of the day

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 18:39:38 UTC 2020

Stephen King once taught high school.  Here is what he said about it:

Teaching school is like having jumper cables hooked to your brain, draining
all the juice out of you."

I found this to be true:  two hours of teaching left me drained.
Afterwards I never scheduled two in a row.  Mental energy is not instantly
replaced.  One reason I kept ranting to my students about cramming.  I
cannot imagine a person who has an 9 to 5 job getting much accomplished for
more than a couple of hours (and not much at all after a two martini
lunch)   bill w