[ExI] quote of the day

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 17:37:23 UTC 2020

On Sat, Oct 31, 2020 at 8:52 AM John Grigg via extropy-chat
> I think the challenge facing the task of teaching highschool is that you
> often have an audience of young people who don't want to be there,
> and they show it...

That's an excellent point. Reminds me of what someone once pointed
out. Usually, if you give away something for free -- and high school
education is free to the students if not to the taxpayers -- it
becomes scarce as people grab it up. But that only works when they
actually want it. When they don't, then you have what you see with
public education: you have to compel attendance.

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via:
http://author.to/DanUst