[ExI] Free will was: Everett worlds

Anton Sherwood bronto at pobox.com
Mon Sep 14 16:40:44 UTC 2020

On 2020-9-14 08:06, Dan TheBookMan wrote:
> How would it avoid the usual language change that faces natural
> languages, especially if it became a lingua franca along the lines
> of English today? A lot of it would depend on enforcement of its
> strictures. Once it becomes 'free range,' how would you maintain
> that?

You can't; that's the point of the concept.

My idea in a bit more detail.  A Lojban-like language is developed to
communicate with nonhumans, because the less you have in common the more
you need to make explicit.  It becomes the dominant language of a
human-settled planet, which later loses contact, allowing dialects to
drift and diverge.  How quickly are the Lojban-like distinctive features
lost?

--
*\\*  Anton Sherwood  *\\*  www.bendwavy.org