[ExI] anger

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 19:31:59 UTC 2020

On Wed, Sep 23, 2020 at 3:09 PM William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <

> The way to handle anger:  forgiveness.  Forgive yourself for perhaps
> overreacting.  Forgive whoever made you angry whatever the reason (why?
> grudges only hurt you)  Acting out your anger only makes it worse.  Freud
> was wrong.  The Greeks too.

Somebody shoots your dog, rapes your daughter, or lynches your son and
forgiveness is the only recourse?

Act out your anger and what does it get you?

You can be angry without reacting recklessly.

  For some it has produced feuds lasting hundreds of years between Scottish
> clans.  Look at the Arabs and Jews.  You can never really get even.  ATand
> T has screwed me more than once.  What should I do?  Go out and pull some
> of their cables down?

Maybe switch to a different phone provider?

We don't need anger.

I disagree. Some things *should* make you angry, and that anger should
motivate you to do something to redress the wrong or prevent it from
happening again.

-Dave