[ExI] Spaceflight: The only valid case for waiting

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 17:45:21 UTC 2020

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 7:30 AM Giulio Prisco via extropy-chat
> Spaceflight: The only valid case for waiting
>
> I'm not that pessimistic, but perhaps we must solve our problems down
> here before moving up there. If so, we must promise ourselves great
> adventures in space as soon as we have solved our urgent problems here
> on Earth.
>
> https://turingchurch.net/spaceflight-the-only-valid-case-for-waiting-586e932da831

Knee-jerk response: That's never really governed anything else. No one
has said, for instance, we should put AI, nanotech research, or life
extension research on hold until we solve more pressing problems. In
fact, the usual way it works is people do research along many lines
and innovations and progress happen in many areas, sometimes only
distantly related. In our current situation, there's war, civil
unrest, a burgeoning police state, but still SpaceX and other ventures
are moving forward on the spaceflight front. Would you say all space
stuff has to stop until those other problems are dealt with?

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via:
http://author.to/DanUst