[ExI] I Can't Stop Looking At This $39, 000 Louis Vuitton Airplane Bag

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 15:19:03 UTC 2021

On Mon, Apr 5, 2021 at 1:25 AM John Grigg via extropy-chat <

> It must be seen to be believed... Where would this actually sell? Perhaps
> Russia?
>

> https://jalopnik.com/i-cant-stop-looking-at-this-39-000-louis-vuitton-airpl-1846611907

This kind of thing strikes me as, "I had this one rich friend who was
willing to pay for all the design labor and other work to make the first
prototype unit - so now that that's done, I'll be fair and charge the same
price for anyone else who wants one."  It doesn't really matter if more
sell, though some with far more money than sense may well buy one if they
think it seems fashionable - especially for a short time, before the trend
washes past.

Which is to say, it's not for people like you and me, who have more
appreciation of lasting value.