[ExI] new covid case rates

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Apr 6 23:17:30 UTC 2021

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Sent: Tuesday, April 6, 2021 1:45 PM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Cc: William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [ExI] new covid case rates

 Reasoning: there isn’t a clear distinction between those two, or if so, what is that distinction. Number of people encountered every day.  Number of restaurants and bars    bill w

Of course, but where to draw the line between urban and rural is arbitrary.  It doesn’t really deal with the rural dwellers who work in the city or go to bars and restaurants in the city.  Plenty of those around here.  It isn’t clear where extended suburbs fit into that model.

I see no practical unambiguous way to distinguish between urban and rural.  If we tried, we might create a still-more complicated picture than we already have.