[ExI] cumulative cost of shutdown

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 09:43:23 UTC 2021

On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 7:16 PM William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <

> It seems like masks and shutdowns should be an effective countermeasure,
> but we really haven’t seen good evidence that they are.
>

> spike     *Well, what DO we have evidence of?  Anything at all?  Or do we
> have conflicting evidence?  Surely lots of people are gathering data other
> than on cases and deaths.*

### We have evidence.

Complete social isolation works (but it's expensive).

Cloth and procedure masks are worthless.

Pretend isolation (6 feet of separation) does not work.

Surface cleaning does not work.

Vaccinations are highly effective.

Decadron works for many cases of severe Covid.

Chloroquine does not work.

Etc.

Rafal