[ExI] donor head

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Apr 28 19:14:41 UTC 2021

…> On Behalf Of Brent Allsop via extropy-chat

Subject: Re: [ExI] donor head

>…Great story Spike,

Except the part where you're not signed up yet.

Got to get it done.  Such a relief, for everyone, to finally have that job done.

I need to get it done for the rest of my family.  Don't want to be without them, either.

Thanks Brent.  I am glad to hear it, me lad.  Well done indeed.

But now I have a moral dilemma on my hands.  In order to sign up, I would become a full status cryonics client and I wouldn’t want to be an experimental donor head.  So any benefit to the others in the dewar would be lost and we would be back to the old politeness paradox: After you, no after you…

Furthermore… I would de-sign for organ donation, for fear they would delay my suspension grabbing kidneys and such.  But even if Alcor got to go first, usable donor organs spoil quickly so the organ donors who would otherwise benefit wouldn’t.

But it’s even worse than that really.

I need to ponder a little more, at which time I shall elaborate on that comment.